Dry vs Dehydrated Skin
Do you know the difference between Dry and Dehydrated skin?
When your skin feels dry, you may naturally assume that it is dry. But it might just be dehydrated and in need of water.
First there is skin type and there is skin condition:
- Skin type is what you're naturally born with, such as oily or dry skin.
- Condition skin, however is something that can cause you to experience other problems like acne and irritation.
1) Dry Skin
If you have dry skin type, it means you're lacking oil, you were born this way. Dry skin lacks oil because it produces less sebum than normal skin, and the lack of sebum means the skin is without the lipids it needs to retain moisture and to build a strong barrier to protect against external aggressors.
DRY SKIN CHARACTERISTICS:
• Feels rough
• Appears dry
• Can be flaky
2) Dehydrated Skin
Dehydrated skin does not have enough water. Dehydration is caused by many external factors, but the most common are weather, environment, diet, caffeine consumption, smooking, driking alcohol, all of which can result in diminished water content within the skin.
DEHYDRATED SKIN CHARACTERISTICS:
• Looks dull
• Feels tight
• Is sensitive
• Shows fine lines
• Shows accelerated signs of ageing, like sagging skin and deep wrinkles
HOW WE CAN PREVENT DEHYDRATED SKIN?
- Use sun protection
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Eat a balanced diet
- Drink a lot of water
- Use top-quality ingredients to keep your skin hydrated: hyaluronic acid, ceramides, collagen..
Product pick: MARIA HYDRATING FACE SERUM
Our Maria hydrating face serum is a top serum specially formulated for dehydrated skin. Our formula works on multiple levels to attract, bind, and prevent moisture loss. It helps attract and hold water in the skin for long-lasting hydration. Contributes to restoring the moisture barrier function to help skin hold in its own natural moisture.
- Vegetable Ceramides: By adding ceramides to the skin, the skin's barrier is strengthened
- Glycogen: It reduces skin sensitivity and reinforces the skin’s natural barrier function. It softens the skin’s surface and provides good moisturisation and long-lasting hydration.
- Saccharide Isomerate: Made from plant-derived glucose and fructose. Binds with the natural skin complex enabling deep and lasting hydration.
- Aquaxyl: Improves water reserves and limits water loss. Desquamation is balanced, microrelief is smoothed. Moisturized and restructured, the skin is better equipped to combat external aggressions.
- Vegeluron: As a superior water retention capacity and is able to efficiently moisturize skin. It is a plant based alternative to hyaluronic acid.